2016 - The Year of Growth | Raleigh Wedding Photographer
If you read my post last week, you'll know that I've designated 2016 the year of growth! I spent 2015 setting my business up for success and in 2016 I want to start seeing the results of all my hard work. I want to keep moving upward!
With every new year comes a new set of resolutions to make. I know a lot of people who find this silly... making a list of things you want to do for the year only to give up on them after a month or so. But see, that's not how I look at it. I think the process of starting a new year with new goals and resolutions is so refreshing! What it does for me is it gives me some direction. It lets me get into the mindset of how I want my next year to go. It also allows me to look back at the end of the year and say "did this year go as I hoped it would?" If it didn't, that's okay! I can now ask myself "why?" and use the answer to help plan for the next year. Make changes that need to be made and figure out a way to set myself up to be even more successful next year.
Here is what I plan to focus on in 2016:
1. Think simple and follow through. As most creatives do, I tend to have lots of big ideas and goals for myself and my business. I find myself getting "stuck" in my big dreams and not able to figure out how to achieve the end results. So this year I want to start thinking on a smaller level and giving myself much more attainable to do's and projects on a weekly basis that will help lead up to the big things.
2. Build and strengthen relationships. I want to make it a point to grow and build stronger relationships in my life and in my business. On a personal level, I want to make sure I let those already in my life know how much they mean to me. On the business side of things, I want to put myself out there and network more with other industry professionals.
3. Finances. I think one of the things all business owners struggle with the most is financials. This year I am going to better track my revenue and expenses, set clear financial goals, and invest in my business. I want to make sure that come tax season next year, I won't be scrambling to get it all together!
4. Capture more of the every day. This past year I found myself slacking in capturing my own life and family. I want to make sure I pick up my camera on a daily basis this year.
5. Print my photos. I'm not gonna lie, for someone who preaches how important is is to print your photos, I have a hard drive full of personal photos waiting to be printed. I want to go through all my personal photos and make it a point to print them. I plan to buy some canvases for the walls, and maybe even create some albums to pass down to my kids when they're older.
So there is my plan for 2016! What are some of your goals for 2016??