10 Things You Didn't Know About the Girl Behind the Lens | Raleigh Wedding Photographer
I decided it was time for you all to get to know me a little better! I'm sure I'll do more of these in the future, but for now, here are 10 things you might not know about me, your photographer!
1. I grew up in NY (on Long Island) and I loved growing up there. I mean, what could be bad about a place where you can travel in any direction and hit the the water and are only 45 minutes away from New York City? All of my family is still there and I visit all the time (and am dying to shoot a NYC wedding)!
2. I'm half Colombian and have a big Colombian family! No, I don't speak Spanish other than basic words or phrases here and there. It was spoken in my house frequently, but sadly I never picked up on it. I do love me some Colombian food though!
3. I danced from the time I was 2 years old until I graduated high school. Watching dancers perform is still one of my favorite things and I can't wait for our little girl to be here so I can put her in dance class. One day I will live vicariously through my daughter as she becomes a famous ballerina (I mean, if that's what she wants to do).
4. Growing up I wanted to be a fashion designer. I filled sketch book upon sketch book drawing photos of clothes. My favorite thing to "design" was wedding dresses! I had big plans to go to the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC until I realized I couldn't really draw that well and knew nothing about sewing... so I picked up a camera instead. Luckily my high school had an amazing photography teacher and I learned so much there!
5. I went to college at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut, and not to sound cheesy or anything, but they were 4 of the best years of my life. I made lifelong friends, met my husband, and had an all around great time!
6. Somehow I ended up graduating with an Accounting degree (because you know, that's the same as being a fashion designer or a photographer). I worked in public accounting for 5 1/2 years before leaving last year to become a full time wedding photographer in Raleigh.
7. I am obsessed with the TV show Friends, and I think that's an understatement. My engagement ring may or may not have been based off of Monica's and I may or may not have walked down the aisle to Here, There, and Everywhere being played on the steel drums like Phoebe did.
8. I have a Dachshund named Leo who will always be my first baby. I had been obsessed with Dachshunds for a long time and planned on getting a dog after graduating college and moving in with Mike. I ended up unexpectedly getting Leo the week I graduated college. I blame the spontaneous purchase on my friends.
9. I love s'mores everything!
10. My dream vacation would be to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji!
:) And with that, I'll leave you with this really old picture of me...